Whether you’re up for farm-to-table fare, gourmet tacos, authentic French Provincial, or mouth watering BBQ, Shawnee Mission, Kansas has a restaurant to make all your foodie dreams come true. We’ve made a list of the best restaurants in Shawnee Mission, KS with crowd-pleasing options to satisfy everyone in your group. Explore our top picks, courtesy of the locally-based team at Hendrick Chevrolet Shawnee Mission!
Voted the city’s Best Sandwich two years running in the Shawnee Dispatch’s Best of Shawnee Awards, Twisted Fresh is definitely one of the best restaurants in Shawnee Mission. Be prepared to experience the freshest, made-from-scratch gourmet tacos, wraps, salads, burgers, and sandwiches in Shawnee Mission, made directly in front of you in the open kitchen. Don’t forget to customize your order with one (or more!) of their impressive 15 house-made salsas and sauces!
With so many gourmet options at wallet-friendly prices, deciding which Twisted creation to try can be a tall order. Here are two crowd-favorites to help you narrow it down:
- The Kung Pao Chicken Wrap: made with cajun grilled organic chicken, layered with thai slaw, pico de gallo, crunchy cashews, pepper jack, sriracha, & honey aioli
- The Mahi Mahi Tacos: made with cajun grilled mahi mahi, spicy thai slaw, cheddar & pepper jack cheese topped with pico de gallo & our legendary sriracha honey aioli
Blind Box BBQ
The concept behind Blind Box BBQ can best be described by the definition displayed on the restaurant’s wall: “Blind Box (noun) 1. A box in which BBQ competition teams prepare their entrees for presentation and turn-in.” And they’ve got the chops to deliver on that ideal – literally! Their passion centers on presentation and perfection, so be prepared for a BBQ experience like no other. It’s no wonder Blind Box is consistently considered as one of the best restaurants in Shawnee Mission, Kansas! Can’t decide what to order? Here are some of our top picks:
- The Notorious P.I.G. made with local smoked sausage topped with pulled pork, mac and cheese, and onion straws.
- Lil’ Juicy: Named after their first smoker, this is the signature sandwich. Smoked, shaved steak topped with caramelized onions and Swiss cheese. Served with a horseradish cream sauce.
- Carrot Cake: the best you’ll ever have.
Café Provence has been honored as one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the U.S. and one of the Top 10 French Restaurants in the U.S., so you know you’re in for a truly authentic French bistro dining experience. Enjoy progressive French Provençal cuisine with farm-to-table ingredients served in the warm, inviting atmosphere of a neighborhood bistro with the most charming outdoor patio seating.
Feel like a Parisian without leaving the KC area when you try our top picks:
- Filet de Saumon: pan-seared salmon, apple cider gastric, lentil, butternut squash puree, brussel sprouts, crispy parsnip.
- Crêpe au Poulet: crêpe filled with organic chicken and mushroom, farro risotto, haricot vert, carrot, and tarragon cream sauce.
- Foie Gras Chaud et Tartelette de Pomme: pan seared foie gras, apple tart, chestnut puree, blackberry port reduction
Silo Modern Farmhouse
Combining farmhouse freshness with a touch of modern elegance, Silo Modern Farmhousehas some of the most beautiful food and views in the greater Shawnee Mission area. Nestled inside the newly constructed Canyon Farms Golf Club, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the greens while you eat your greens. The farm-to-table menu elevates fine dining to a whole new level with hand rolled pastas, locally sourced ingredients, cakes made from scratch, and seafood flown in fresh from Florida.
To perfectly accompany the epic flavor profiles of the dinner and lunch menus, Silo features an extensive wine list and hand-crafted specialty cocktails. Pro tip: save room for their legendary, made-from-scratch 32-layer chocolate cake topped with chocolate ganache, and drizzled with an amarena cherry chocolate sauce.
Here’s a sampling of our favorite Silo dishes:
- Kansas Berkshire Pork Shoulder: Whipped Potatoes | Seared Brussels Sprouts with Bacon | Corn Velouté | Cider Braise Reduction
- Miso Pan-seared Salmon: Short Grain Sticky Rice | Kimchi Miso-lemon Butter Sauce
- Green Chorizo Flatbread: House-made Chorizo | Peppadew Pepper | Olive Blend | Manchego | Fresh Herbs
- Peruvian Octopus Ceviche: Tender Poached Octopus | Aromatic Vegetables & Citrus | Fresh Avocado | Sea Salt | Root Chips
A new and increasingly popular dining spot, Strang Hall is a collective of six chef-driven restaurants under one roof. The atmosphere is an open, casual gathering place for the Shawnee Mission community, designed with a modern industrial, yet warm and welcoming vibe.
Since you’ll want to taste the carefully curated offerings at each restaurant in Strang Hall, do what most locals do: order as many options as you can on day one, and then come back and order everything you wish you could have ordered yesterday.
And with so many amazing options, finally everyone in your group can agree on where to eat! Here’s a breakdown of the six restaurants, plus the coffee bar and libation bar:
- Basabasa: legendary chicken
- Anousone: Southeast Asian
- Nida: tacos & traditions
- Norcini: craft pizza and sandwiches
- Solstice: superfoods
- Fond: thoughtful, inspired, familiar
- Strang Coffee: coffee & cookies
- Strang Bar: cocktails, wine + beer
Make Sure Your Vehicle is Ready for a Night on the Town at Hendrick Chevrolet Shawnee Mission!
Before heading out for a night of delicious Shawnee Mission restaurant-hopping, it’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle is up for the job. If you’re due for an oil change or a tire-rotation, stop by Hendrick Chevrolet Shawnee Mission service center in Merriam, so you can explore all Shawnee Mission has to offer with confidence. Have some personal favorite local hot spots of your own you’d like to share? Contact our team to start a conversation! We’d love to hear from you and consider your top picks for our next local guide.